TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Updated January 2020
1. Advertisements must conform to the British Code of Advertising Practice and must accurately reflect the product and or service being advertised.
2. Advertisements are subject to the publisher’s approval and must always be recognisable as such and not resemble editorial matter unless otherwise approved.
3. All claims made in advertisements must be capable of being supported by appropriate evidence and must be made available to the publisher upon request.
4. Advertisements should be in line with Business In The City Magazine’s policies and ethos. As such certain types of advert and promotions may not be permitted within the magazine.
5. The publication of an advertisement by the publisher does not constitute endorsement of the advertiser, its products or services.
6. Space reserved by an advertiser must be paid in full where the advertisement is not published due to an act or omission by the advertiser. This includes advert copy that arrives after publication deadline date.
7. The publisher reserves the right to increase advertisement rates at any time or to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
8. The publisher will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by amendment, error, late publication or nonpublication from any cause whatsoever.
9. The publisher will not accept liability for any error on the part of third parties or inaccurate copy instructions.
10. The publisher reserves the right to publish the most appropriate copy should copy instructions not be received by the stipulated time.
11. Artwork should be supplied as an electronic image file, via email to [email protected] only, unless otherwise approved. Supplying artwork via any other way may not be accepted. Artwork must be supplied in the following formats: tiff, jpeg, eps, PDF, scaled to print size at 300 dpi (indicate if image is layered). All relevant fonts
and images, logos etc. are to be included if necessary. Business In The City Magazine also offers an in-house design service: copy set and prepared by Business In The City Magazine for a set fee of £35.
12. Payment for all advertisements are due on receipt of booking. BACS details are supplied on the invoice. Unfortunately, we do not accept cheques or cash.
13. By signing the booking form, you commit to the space reserved and agree to the terms and conditions of booking herewith.
14. We regret cancellations cannot be accepted after booking. Space reserved for which no artwork or copy is received by copy deadline date will be charged at the agreed rate as stated on the booking form.
15. Repeat adverts. If Business In The City Magazine are asked to repeat an advert, we will always use the most recent copy published unless instructed otherwise.
16. Series bookings are subject to a discount. A series discount of -20% applies to three ad insertions, and to
prepaid ads in advance of publication (discount is not compound). Cancellation of the series at any time will
result in the forfeiture of the discount and may be charged retrospectively on any previous adverts which
benefitted from the discount.
17. Neither the publisher or its contractors and sub-contractors shall be liable for any consequential loss arising
from non-publication of advert or from any errors or omissions contained in published copy/advert.
18. Material which in the Business In The City Magazine opinion could be considered offensive to readers will be censored or omitted from the publication. Where possible you will be advised to supply alternative copy. Point 6 shall apply if new copy is not received by copy deadline date.